Yissum Research & Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Yissum is the commercializing arm of the Hebrew University since 1964. Ranked among the top technology transfer companies in the world, Yissum has granted some 400 technology licenses technologies, spun out 60 companies and registered more than 1,400 patent families, 70% of which are in the field of Life Sciences.
Yissum manages the Hebrew University intellectual property portfolio. Yissum's activities include:
- The ongoing assessment and commercial optimization of the Hebrew University's intellectual property;
- Ensuring adequate patent protection for promising research;
- Identifying appropriate commercial partners;
- Negociating licensing agreements;
- Creating spin-off companies when appropriate;
- Negotiating and managing industry-sponsored research and scientific service agreements;
- Securing funding for promising projects and spin-off companies;
- Working closely in all respects with both local and global commercial partners and investors.