Faculty of Dental Medicine
The School of Dental Medicine was established jointly by the Hadassah Medical Organization, The Hebrew University and The Alpha Omega Fraternity in 1953. It offers a variety of high quality special treatments performed by the clinical departments. Dating the graduation of the first class, back in 1958, the school has trained new generations of dentists.The school gradually introduced specialization programs even before official recognition by the ministry of health.
The research carried out in the Faculty focuses on tissue engineering, regeneration and healing; origins causes and prevention of oral infectious diseases; mechanisms of pain control and neural transmission; environmental physiology and skeletal evolution. Among our accomplishments are the discovery of new genes, proteins, growth factors and enzymes; the development of innovative methodologies in gene and cell therapy; the identification of genetic and systemic diseases in past populations, and the development of a new therapy to battle periodontal disease. These activities have earned the Faculty worldwide scientific recognition.
Schools, Institutes & Centers